There are many reasons on why women put on makeup. Some to just simply enhance their beauty and some are just required to do so. Many jobs require women to wear at least light makeup to be presentable to clients. And if you are one of those women who have never worn makeup before and have the desire or need to do so now, here are some of my tips to help you start in your makeup habit.
Make sure you have the most essential contents of a makeup kit. You must have a blush, a brush, powder and a lipstick. These alone can be enough to avoid you from looking pale. However, having other more makeup is also better. Other makeups that you can use are eye liner, eye brow, mascara, eye shadows and brush accessories. Foundations and makeup base creams are also very useful.
If you have all these makeup, here are the steps in applying them:
- Start by applying the makeup base all over your face. Just pour a tiny portion on your palm and apply on your face in a circular motion. The makeup base will allow your makeup to stay on your face for a longer time.
- Next, apply powder on your face. Pressed or loose powder will work great. if you have foundation you can use it too.
- Next, you can start by putting on blush. Use your brush you apply some on your cheeks. The manner on how this is done may differ from one facial structure to another. But usually, diagonal upward motion is good. Don’t choose a shade which is too dark. If your intention is to just wear light make up, then light maroon or natural pink colours will be good.
- Apply your mascara. Simply use your mascara bristles to gently enhance your lashes. In case your lashes clump, use an eye comb to fix it. Others choose to apply mascara before anything else so when they stain their skin, they can easily wipe or cover it up with foundation.
- Apply eye shadow. Earth coloured eye shadows are safe options for colours since they can easily match whatever you are wearing. Follow it by suing eyeliner on your lower lids. You can also apply eyeliner above your upper lashes to make your eyes look bigger.
- Applying a lipstick is essential. Without doing so will make you look pale and dull. Light pink or maroon lipstick is good enough to make you look less pale. But if you are comfortable with dark lipsticks like the red ones, then it is also good.
Applying makeup is essential in some situations, and if you are in one of those situations, make sure you choose makeup brands that will not cause you allergies. Choose brands your skin is comfortable with. Also, make sure you bring a lipstick and a powder for retouches. A red lipstick can also be used as a blush in case you need a retouch. Lastly, always remember that beauty is only skin deep but enhancing yourself is never a bad idea.